Brewing a Bavarian Helles

Post your tried-and-true recipes

Moderator: Brandon

Techbrau
German Brewing

Re: Brewing a Bavarian Helles

Postby Techbrau » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:58 pm

Hence the appeal of preboiling followed by rapid chilling, especially if you can do it directly in your mash tun.

The SMB is really just to fill the cracks in a homebrew system, because our pickup from dough-in is higher without a proper vormaischer, and our pickup from diffusion is 20x faster/higher in general whenever the wort is exposed.

I've yet to see a superior method to preboil + SMB + floating lid, but that doesn't mean we should stop exploring alternatives.
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always gotten.
Weizenberg
German Brewing

Re: Brewing a Bavarian Helles

Postby Weizenberg » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:05 am

john zhang wrote:
caedus wrote:could one, in theory, set up a massive chamber in which to brew? Just hop in suit with O2 tanks supplying you air, vent out all air and replace it with Nitrogen/CO2 mix, and then just go to town brewing?

Expensive? yes. Dangerous? probably. Attainable? probably not. Fun to think about? yes.

:| Dear Sir,your reply on post was professional. I am from a China manufacturer of beer brewing equipment, we could provide professional facility for customers...nice to meet you, if you purchase any equipment,please contact me. Favourable price and good qulity for you.
Email:john@jingniangjixie.com Skype: johnzhang2013.
thank you!

Dear Sir,your reply was most unprofessional since spam is not welcome. I am from Munich and our family is by royal appointment provider of exquisite kicks up your backside since 1832...nice to meet you too.

Schleich Di Du Saupreiß, ehlendiger!

https://m.dict.cc/german-english/Saupreiß.html
The Quest for Edelstoff - http://edelstoffquest.wordpress.com