Jahrundert V2

Post your tried-and-true recipes

Moderator: Brandon

Bryan R
Braumeister

Jahrundert V2

Postby Bryan R » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:43 am

Jahrundert V2 is on the brew sheet today, this beer is going to feature the same water profile from Jahrundert V1.2, which has the "artificial" hardness removed. I was going to use the same grain bill, as V1 ( 85% pils, 10% vienna, 5% carafoam) but a late night snafu ( I was playing around with the recipe, and chose the wrong one and my tired brain didn't catch it until after everything was done). So this recipe features the Barke pils and it looks like 80% pils, 15% vienna, 5% carahell. The V2 will also feature the new house yeast blend of 833/2206 which will be on Drauflassen'd.
However the major change to see this batch was water to grain ratios. Since I am a no sparge brewer, and have high WTG ratios (average 3.25/1), we hypothesize this is causing my pH issues. We are on test mash about 6-7 now and I was the only one seeing these swings, and determined that I am the only one not using more traditional WTG ratios. So for this batch I am going with 1.5/1, and will be doing a hybrid sparge. Should be starting about 9:30-10am CDT, and will broadcast it again.
Prost!

Link to Brew sheet

-German Brewing Founder- :tu