Smellyglove
Apprentice Brewer

Re: Dopplebock

Postby Smellyglove » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:20 pm

Techbrau
German Brewing

Postby Techbrau » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:39 pm

Caramunich II or III. I'd start with II at a rate around 5%.
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always gotten.
Weizenberg
German Brewing

Postby Weizenberg » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:04 am

The Quest for Edelstoff - http://edelstoffquest.wordpress.com
Owenbräu
German Brewing

Postby Owenbräu » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:27 am

- The best do the basics better -
Smellyglove
Apprentice Brewer

Postby Smellyglove » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:26 pm

Sorry. I'm not visiting this forum very often. I did indeed write my question before I read the entire thread, when I wrote my first question I didn't realize there were two more pages in this thread!

The reason why I used the word "americanized" is that when I'm looking for inspiration for a german beer, it seems like the suggestions made by americans often contain one or two more malts than the german "clones". Wonder how it would be if I asked a russian..

I've become very fond of using less malts, but using them correctly, and challenge myself to up my process, and grist composition. But hey, I'm using 14 different malts in my RIS, so I might be throwing rocks in a glass-house. But when it comes to germans, I really love using as few malts as possible, because I feel german beer is a whole lot of "process".

I can drive across the border to Sweden to get my dose of Celebrators. Last time out of 21 beers six of them were celebrators, the rest were random german lagers.