Assistant Brewer

Re: Narziss' advice for pils

Postby Crunk » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:02 am

Knowledge is power
Striving to brew better beer every time
Cavpilot2000

Re: Narziss' advice for pils

Postby Cavpilot2000 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:42 am

Weizenberg wrote:When you read the books, many examples sport tables with values of the results and grades given by a panel of testers evaluating sensory perception (blind testing).

So all this is not just humbug.

What is a lot of humbug however, is many of the stuff that is peddled to amateurs. I'm not ok with​ this since, as the world accurately describes -- amateurs do it for the love of it, we deserve better.

Professional literature is always a worthwhile investment. Initially I got tired translating German texts for the group and noticed that Kunze was actually available in English. It's interesting that some had to be really talked into buying it. The rest is --as they say-- history. Look at the impact this made over the last 32 months. It was one of the best recommendations I made in my 50 years on this planet. It's incredibly nice to see what people are up to once armed with that knowledge (and they keep pushing the boundaries further).

It's always a good idea investing in one's education.

Warren Buffett would agree.

IMG_20170331_192519.jpg

Yeah, I'm going to look into the classics for some light summer reading :shock: . I'll probably start with Kunze in English, but i am learning German, so what better way to help than to have some books that I really WANT to read in the language.