Leaky Kellerfee Spundapparat

How are you fermenting?

Moderator: Brandon

Smellyglove
Apprentice Brewer

Leaky Kellerfee Spundapparat

Postby Smellyglove » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:10 pm

I bought a used Kellerfee off ebay.de

I cleaned it as good as I can, but I still have a leak.
I've submerged all the things in the pipeline which is before the unit, without finding any leaks. When I spray the joints and connectors on the Kellerfee I still can't see any bubbles. I've submerged the parts of it which can be submerged too.

I'm starting to think the leak is at the diaphragm. I don't want to submerge this part since the manometer is it's closest neighbor.

I've googled around a little bit, but couldn't find any spare parts with the pricing for the kellerfee. Does anyone know if this might be an easy fix? I'd maybe need some new gaskets too, since I swapped the old rotten ones with o-rings I had laying around (but still no bubbles around these parts).

I've noticed I really need to tight down the glass housing to make it leak "less", but now I can't tighten that part anymore.
Smellyglove
Apprentice Brewer

Re: Leaky Kellerfee Spundapparat

Postby Smellyglove » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:49 pm

The diaphragm looks like this. Anyone know which way it's supposed to face? Is the "thick part" supposed to face up, against the spring, or down?
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (5.3 KiB) Viewed 7080 times
Weizenberg
German Brewing

Postby Weizenberg » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:18 am

Barby&Kühner will recondition them

http://www.barby-kuehner.de/de/
The Quest for Edelstoff - http://edelstoffquest.wordpress.com
Smellyglove
Apprentice Brewer

Postby Smellyglove » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:44 am

The seller sent me new diaphragm and gaskets. It's better, but still leaking. I can't find the leak what so ever.

Anyhow. It's leaking slowly. My main intent for this unit was to use it in a kolonnenspunden-setup with active fermenting beer, so I guess it will work for that.