The EPIC COMMERCIAL German Beer picture Thread!

Food and Culture related.

Moderator: Brandon

Ancient Abbey
German Brewing

Re: The EPIC COMMERCIAL German Beer picture Thread!

Postby Ancient Abbey » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:39 pm

IMG_4487.JPG
IMG_4487.JPG (2.91 MiB) Viewed 711 times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
- The best do the basics better -
Weizenberg
German Brewing

Postby Weizenberg » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:16 pm

Warsteiner is one of those that I spit straight out. I'd rather not have a drink then.
The Quest for Edelstoff - http://edelstoffquest.wordpress.com
Nick_D
Apprentice Brewer

Postby Nick_D » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:59 am

Weizenberg wrote:Warsteiner is one of those that I spit straight out. I'd rather not have a drink then.

Nico, your love for Warsteiner is becoming legendary :lol:

I must say though, I recently had a Hofbräu Original, followed by Warsteiner. Certainly the wrong order to do those two beers... The Warsteiner certainly tasted weird, if not bad. Usually I don't mind Warsteiner on its own..... Ignorance is bliss as they say. If you think Warsteiner is bad, I should send you some of Australia's worst beers (West End Draught, Victoria Bitter)..... utter horror.
Weizenberg
German Brewing

Postby Weizenberg » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:51 am

Hahaha, indeed. I can't get enough of that stuff ;)

Try a Warsteiner after an Ayinger Helles or a fresh Edelstoff amd itll get even weirder.

I need to dig out that substance that is in rather high levels in Warsteiner, but really low in proper beer. It could be that i am rather sensitive to it.
Bilsch
Assistant Brewer

Postby Bilsch » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:01 pm

Drink a warsteiner after any beer brewed in Montana and it looks pretty good. :(
Brandon
German Brewing

Postby Brandon » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:34 pm

Bilsch wrote:Drink a warsteiner after any beer brewed in Montana and it looks pretty good. :(

Man, Warsteiner is what I drink when I can't get my Radeberger. It's at least along the road to having that Pilsner character. Radeberger is what I drink when I can't get Ur Krostizer, more malt balanced than Radeberger, and not as distinct. Not to be confused with fresh Kostrizer Schwarzbier, that I had with pizza in Berlin despite being a Thuringen bier. Although, sitting in an old East Berlin bar sipping Lech Polish Pilsner with arugula pizza in the shadow of Fernsehturm is a fun experience, too. After Kolsch with lunch atop the Reichstag (dizzy). You really have to be in a Bavarian mindset to drink Helles, Go a little north to get more Pilsnery (e.g. Warsteiner), head east to enjoy some Radeberger, head up further for some Flensberger. And if you're feeling really funky, have some Jever (mmm, Jever). These are all good, you just need to be in the right mindset for each. Like my father in law says, "Bavarian beers are wimpy". All a matter of perspective. :) Being in the US doesn't help, selection (and freshness) are limited. A day out in Aying is a very different experience from hanging off the cliffs of Sachsen Switzerland outside Dresden or sipping stale Hefeweizen on the Baltic. Oooo, Rauchbier in Bamberg, sitting watching the water rush by. Or...a fresh Pils at Spital in Regensberg down the Danau from Bamberg. Though I had really tasty kellerbier in Nurnberg, too. And I totally forgot Hasseroder in Wernigerode, another Pils. Which reminds me of the Goslar River and Gose...which, thank God, has fallen off the map of US microbrews...seriously, thank you! Above all, I do have to say Stortebecker beers are by far the worst I've had in Germany, even if they do admit to making a 'Porter' and other non-German style beers.

Seriously, I love them all, even though, according to confirmation bias, they all actually taste the same and it's the fact of being somewhere that makes them 'appear to be different'. Then again, in the Netherlands they have a brewery called "Bavaria"...who knows what that does for their sales, but it's got to piss of actual Bavarians. Oh wait, then there's Bud. Never mind. Mmmm, Budvar.
Weizenberg
German Brewing

Postby Weizenberg » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:36 am

Indeed

Whatever one pours into one's own body is one's own affair. I don't enjoy drowning in glyphosate, as this picture illustrates. Probably the reason why Erdinger also made it onto my (very long) shitlist.

CcEEwS7WwAAbB3C.jpg
CcEEwS7WwAAbB3C.jpg (16.7 KiB) Viewed 672 times
Bilsch
Assistant Brewer

Postby Bilsch » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:16 am

Is there perhaps any data on contamination in the product sold by the German maltings?
Ancient Abbey
German Brewing

Postby Ancient Abbey » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:11 am

Holsten Premium.jpg
Holsten Premium.jpg (241.83 KiB) Viewed 644 times

Hoslten Maibock.jpg
Hoslten Maibock.jpg (220.03 KiB) Viewed 644 times
Ancient Abbey
German Brewing

Postby Ancient Abbey » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:12 am

DAB Export.jpg
DAB Export.jpg (236.95 KiB) Viewed 645 times

DAB Maibock.jpg
DAB Maibock.jpg (219.88 KiB) Viewed 645 times