Trying my first Helles tonight....

Commercial German beer, American interpretations of German styles, and fellow homebrewers' beer. ***Please don't review your own beer here***

Moderator: Brandon

RPIScotty

Postby RPIScotty » Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:25 pm

Found a fresh Hofbrau Original earlier today.

Going to try it tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by RPIScotty on Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RPIScotty

Re: Trying my first Helles tonight....

Postby RPIScotty » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:57 pm

Nice mellow bitterness. Malty, sweet flavor. Very crisp. The first wiff out of the bottle was, I don't know, very fresh smelling. Overall a very delicious beer.

Bryan R
Braumeister

Postby Bryan R » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:45 am

I'm surprised you found a non-skunked bottle version! It's still pretty clear, so I would say it's not abused... Cool, deal. Glad you liked it, Simple easy drinking delicious beers.

-German Brewing Founder- :tu
RPIScotty

Postby RPIScotty » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:01 am

It was pretty good. I live in Central NY and the Wegmans grocery stores out here have one of the best beer selections of any bottle shop I've ever been. They can't beat certain shops I frequent but are excellent nonetheless.

They just received a shipment of German beers the other day including Weihenstephan Original, the Hofbrau, Ayinger ur-weisse and one of my favorites, Weihenstephan Korbinian.

Not sure I'm ready to take the leap into brewing lagers yet but definitely going to use some of the info from here on my Belgian Dubbel next weekend. Also looking to sample some more fresh lagers and post my reviews.

Bryan R
Braumeister

Postby Bryan R » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:14 am

Weihenstephan Original- or WO as we call it, is another excellent example. It is going to be lighter in sweetness and a little more bitter, but fantastic.

-German Brewing Founder- :tu