Andechs Vollbier Hell

Commercial German beer, American interpretations of German styles, and fellow homebrewers' beer. ***Please don't review your own beer here***

Moderator: Brandon

Bryan R
Braumeister

Andechs Vollbier Hell

Postby Bryan R » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:07 am

This is a first for me, the first try of the Andechs. Hit a homerun picking up fresh bottles with the last purchase. Just another example of a phenomenal Helles, with a different take on the style. If i could get beers like this fresh, I would stop homebrewing. I am envious of the good people of Germany having access to this stuff. Perfectly balanced slight sweetness, great malt backbone, perfect hop balance.

-German Brewing Founder- :tu
lupulus
Apprentice Brewer

Re: Andechs Vollbier Hell

Postby lupulus » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:44 am

I think their dopplebock is the best. Even better than Ayinger's. If you ever make it to Munich, spare a day to go to their Biergarten. It is a 45 min walk through a nice forest from the Sbahn terminal at Herrsching. It's on a hill overlooking Andechs. It's also on tap at Andechser am Dom two blocks from Marienplatz.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Ich trinke Bier nur an Tagen die mit G enden , und Mittwochs
Owenbräu
German Brewing

Postby Owenbräu » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:15 am

I wish we had a distributor for Andech's :(
- The best do the basics better -
ajk

Postby ajk » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:42 pm

I love all the Andechs beers. Theirs is my favorite Doppelbock, too. The Weissbier Dunkel is of the darker, richer variety (like Erdinger, unlike Ayinger and Weihenstephaner) and is delicious.
ajk

Postby ajk » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:45 pm

I also agree that hiking up the holy mountain is a must-do when visiting Munich. And then if you're heading back to the Marienplatz on the train, stop at Hirschgarten for some mackerel and three different brands of Helles.
Bierdude

Postby Bierdude » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:27 pm

First post - glad to have found this site...
If anyone is in the Cleveland, Ohio area, we have a chain of locally-owned beer bars called the Winking Lizard. I just saw their summer tap list and they are showing Andechs Helles as the Draft of the Month for August 2016...