Beck's and Beck's Dark

Commercial German beer, American interpretations of German styles, and fellow homebrewers' beer. ***Please don't review your own beer here***

Moderator: Brandon

Big Monk
Assistant Brewer

Beck's and Beck's Dark

Postby Big Monk » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:26 pm

I've been trying Beck's in various stages of freshness in the last few weeks. Very tasty and made in the US.

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.” Aristotle

"Messieurs, c’est les microbes qui auront le dernier mot." Louis Pasteur

Check us out at www.lowoxygenbrewing.com
Owenbräu
German Brewing

Re: Beck's and Beck's Dark

Postby Owenbräu » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:07 pm

Beck's is made in St. Louis now. Not the same beer of years past, but still a good beer. Night and day difference with the Bavarian lagers, but still has a lodo freshness.
- The best do the basics better -
Big Monk
Assistant Brewer

Beck's and Beck's Dark

Postby Big Monk » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:29 pm

They produce the Beck's line of beers in St. Louis and Williamsburg.

Below is the email concerning the freshness dating I sent AB as well as the list of US production facilities:

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.” Aristotle

"Messieurs, c’est les microbes qui auront le dernier mot." Louis Pasteur

Check us out at www.lowoxygenbrewing.com
zwiller

Postby zwiller » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:55 am

Thanks for posting! Totally grabbing a sixer soon. I have not had the new stuff yet, but I really liked the Beck's hop character and would die to come up with something similar. It seemed to have an aggressive bite that I liked alot. I was convinced they (and other pils brewers that I like) might be using Northern Brewer or higher alpha in a blend in the late additions.
Cavpilot2000

Postby Cavpilot2000 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:19 pm

When I lived in Korea (2000-2001) among the only non American mega brews we could get on the military bases was Becks (light and dark) and Heineken (light and dark).
I haven't had any of them in years, but I recall preferring Becks for the light side and Heineken for the dark (because I think that Heineken light, at least what you get in the states, is absolute crap and always skunked.
Heineken dark though was a really nice beer.
I wonder if I'd still feel the same 16 years later.
Maybe a quest for Heineken Dark is in order.