Bryan's Quasi HERMs/Decoction/Cold Sparge Madness

Wort making

Moderator: Brandon

Techbrau
German Brewing

Re: Bryan's Quasi HERMs/Decoction/Cold Sparge Madness

Postby Techbrau » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:49 pm

If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always gotten.
Weizenberg
German Brewing

Postby Weizenberg » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:59 pm

Well, none of us would have made good progress if we wouldn't have collaborated with so much zeal. And that's the disappointing thing. Suddenly someone emerges who is trying to turn the limelight on himself for doubious gains, disrespecting the communal efforts.

It's not great to have witnessed that. As result it made me a lot less willing to share insights.

Nobody wins.
The Quest for Edelstoff - http://edelstoffquest.wordpress.com
Bryan R
Braumeister

Postby Bryan R » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:16 pm

I wasn't going to post, but ehh whatever. I didn't delete any posts, sadly I think this is an attempt (poor at that) to get a rouse out of me, but in all honesty I think its feeble and weak minded of you (only really one of you). I moved past this quite some time ago, when a silent update to the paper was put out, not at all putting it by the founding members first, by whom one may ask? Well this trio, go figure?!?! That disbanded a group who a majority of all got funny feelings about a new member (yes of course there were secret, secret chats.. mostly about you..) you rubbed us all wrong and look where we are. Anyway's I do have all those chats recorded for posterity. Most of us all brought stuff to the table, and in all honesty everything that was/is Low Oxygen Brewing, was supposed to be put here on our blog, go ahead and ask Brandon, I told him for months about what I wanted to do. Low and behold an updated paper comes out that wasn't approved by the group, and here we are today.

I think its extremely poor form on your parts to air this "dirty laundry" here in the public, but maybe folks can now see how juvenile certain members act. I have done nothing but always praise those who put in the effort and work, I have linked back here numerous times. I put this group together, searching the far reaches of the internet, and its sad to see the one bad apple metaphor here. I have always been more than professional and its shameful you had to resort to mud slinging. I however will continue to be professional and help everywhere I can so that all can experience that is, low oxygen beer. So you can continue to delete my posts, retract my forum access, but I will still be here until you ban me. I wish you all the best in this as I learned after battling the AHA, there is no point in arguing on the internet. This was and is a niche place on the internet specializing in German beer creation, low oxygen brewing is an over arching technique that all beer benefits from. I took it to a larger audience, wasn't that the point of the paper? But in the end its just beer, remember? Take a step back refocus and carry on.

-German Brewing Founder- :tu
Brandon
German Brewing

Postby Brandon » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:12 pm

Visit our home at: and join us on Facebook at
Big Monk
Assistant Brewer

Postby Big Monk » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:38 am

I can't really add a ton here, but i'll give it a shot.....

I remember having my interest in brewing re-invigorated once I came around to the conclusion that there was something to the methods described here and in the original paper. My history with the concepts were sketchy and I was once a vocal opponent. Vocal is an understatement.

I can't speak directly to any of the in fighting that went on some time back on this forum. Frankly the issues and personality conflicts pre-dated my re-discovery of the concepts. What I can say is that when Bryan and I kicked the idea around about the "Methods of the Low Oxygen Brewhouse" paper, it was due to an overwhelming desire for, and frankly demand for, a modified procedure from people over at the AHA Forum. We were seeing some people open to the ideas and they were getting hung up procedurally and trying to find ways they could implement a phased approach towards success.

As far as stealing/plagiarizing, selling other peoples accomplishments short, etc. I know that I can't personally sign on to that notion. We list the April 2016 GBF paper in our references, express that the original concepts came out of the collective and make a point to, Bryan in particular, not to claim that Low Oxygen Brewing is the brainchild of any person in particular. The concepts have been around for some time. Bryan has always expressed to me that Techbrau should be credited with the light bulb moment that put you guys on the path. That is inexplicable. Implementation and refining of the processes differs from person to person.

As far as dubious gains, I am unsure how it could be perceived this way. Financially? I know Bryan and I haven't profited from the spreadsheet or the website or the forum. Reputation? I mean, as Bryan said (and Brandon re-iterated), no one really cares about people talking about high level beer on the internet. This is a niche topic within another niche topic.

At the end of the day people just seem to want to get a handle on the process and there are a handful of people with a sort of "tribal knowledge" that could make that happen.
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.” Aristotle

"Messieurs, c’est les microbes qui auront le dernier mot." Louis Pasteur

Check us out at www.lowoxygenbrewing.com
Brandon
German Brewing

Postby Brandon » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:48 am

Looking at this thread in more detail this morning...what's with the .'s and edited/removed content? I thought by deleted content you guys were referring to stuff from a long time ago.
Visit our home at: and join us on Facebook at
Owenbräu
German Brewing

Postby Owenbräu » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:51 pm

- The best do the basics better -
Big Monk
Assistant Brewer

Postby Big Monk » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:03 pm

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit.” Aristotle

Owenbräu
German Brewing

Postby Owenbräu » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:08 pm

Yeah, the difference between correlation and causation can be confusing.
- The best do the basics better -
Big Monk
Assistant Brewer

Postby Big Monk » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:34 pm

Why don't you go ahead and delete me too while you have your finger near the button.