Member Bios - tell us about yourself

General beer discussion, beer talk, pictures, etc...

Moderator: Brandon

Ancient Abbey
German Brewing

Re: Member Bios - tell us about yourself

Postby Ancient Abbey » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:50 pm

Welcome! That's how we all started too. Just ended going all in mitigating oxidation at every possible point in the process. The ROI is well worth it IMO.
- The best do the basics better -
BdoubleEdoubleR U N

Postby BdoubleEdoubleR U N » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:35 pm

Well lets see ... I'm a fairly new home brewer with about 9 or 10 batches under my belt.
Doing some field research, I found a certain flavor profile among some of the European brews, particularly among German brews that really got my attention. Thus, beginning a quest for a set of traits I'd like to incorporate into my own home brews.
And that brings me here, seeking that malty toasty honey like sweetness that really should be more prevalent in beer in general
Weizenberg
German Brewing

Postby Weizenberg » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:54 pm

Get your English copy of https://www.vlb-berlin.org/en/books/tec ... nd_malting

Its the best thing I know besides or Narziss' works -- which are only useful if you are comfortable reading academic textbooks in German.
The Quest for Edelstoff - http://edelstoffquest.wordpress.com
pcpogo

Postby pcpogo » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:40 pm

Good evening,

I have just joined the forum. I have only done a few all grain brews but having been on a few ski trips to Austria (Zell am See) I am keen to replicate the beer . I have no idea what style of beer was being served so if anyone in this great forum could point me in the right direction, it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amateur_Brau

Postby Amateur_Brau » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:34 am

Hi Folks

Been a member for a while but generally lurking and Reading. New Zealander but living in Bonn for coming up 5 years (aber meine arbeiten ist englischsprachig und mein deutsche is schlect!). Been homebrewing since 2011 so got the basics more or less down but looking to improve my beer and when researching ways to improve I discovered LODO brewing. My set up isn't where I would like it to be but annual bonus is round the corner so going to invest in an SS Brewtech Mashtun. Next year I hope to be able to bite the bullet and switch to a full Herms Setup finally (along with a DO meter so I really know what is going on...)

Cheers and Prost!
Natebriscoe
Assistant Brewer

Postby Natebriscoe » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:07 pm

So after participating in these forums for years, I realized I never did sign in.
My name is Nathan. I am from Missouri smack dab center usa. I have been brewing for a decade + and brew everything except sours. My preference, German lagers are hard to beat. As for the last couple years, brewing has become very difficult with a couple kids that eat any free time. But i get an impromptu brew in every once and a while.