Warsteiner Premium German Pilsner

For discussion of German breweries, reviews of their beer,
tasting notes, impressions, their brewing processes (distribution to the US, decoction
mashing, recipes, flavor notes, etc).

Moderator: Brandon

lhommedieu

Re: Warsteiner Premium German Pilsner

Postby lhommedieu » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:42 pm

Just had my first bottle and I can appreciate the descriptions given above.

It has the cleaness and crispness that I like about Bitburger but leaves a lingering aftertaste of....

fresh baked bread, and then....honey.

It does have an aroma of floral hops but this is relatively mild.

Definitely a beer that I would drink again and again.

Prost!
ajk

Postby ajk » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:04 am

Brandon wrote:
ajk wrote:
narcout wrote:Are any of you guys going to the NHC? It would be cool to sit down and taste some beer with you all.

I won't be going to NHC this year or next, but I'm keenly interested in getting together and tasting beer. Most of us here generally agree on what flavors we're looking for, but I suspect there are subtleties that can only be discovered and shared through an in-person tasting.

I propose we meet here on Sunday, June 4th 2017 at noon. http://www.augustinerkeller.de/home/?L=1

Is this still on? It might be a bit tricky for me — I'll be in Karlsruhe — but I will try to make it. I'll also be in Munich July 14-19.
Brandon
German Brewing

Postby Brandon » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:16 am

ajk wrote:
Brandon wrote:
ajk wrote:I won't be going to NHC this year or next, but I'm keenly interested in getting together and tasting beer. Most of us here generally agree on what flavors we're looking for, but I suspect there are subtleties that can only be discovered and shared through an in-person tasting.

I propose we meet here on Sunday, June 4th 2017 at noon. http://www.augustinerkeller.de/home/?L=1

Is this still on? It might be a bit tricky for me — I'll be in Karlsruhe — but I will try to make it. I'll also be in Munich July 14-19.

Our schedule is more defined now and actually the 4th doesn't work as we had originally thought. We're flying in to Munich on the 7th, then heading north. We'll be in Munich again on the 27th.
ajk

Postby ajk » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:09 pm

Brandon wrote:
ajk wrote:
Brandon wrote:Our schedule is more defined now and actually the 4th doesn't work as we had originally thought. We're flying in to Munich on the 7th, then heading north. We'll be in Munich again on the 27th.

Drat, that's even harder for me—we'll be in Denmark. Any chance you'll be near Bavaria in mid-July?