Warsteiner Premium German Pilsner

For discussion of German breweries, reviews of their beer,
tasting notes, impressions, their brewing processes (distribution to the US, decoction
mashing, recipes, flavor notes, etc).

Moderator: Brandon

Techbrau
German Brewing
Posts: 409
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:45 pm

Re: Warsteiner Premium German Pilsner

Postby Techbrau » Mon May 23, 2016 7:01 pm

Trumer
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always gotten.
User avatar
Brandon
German Brewing
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Contact:

Re: Warsteiner Premium German Pilsner

Postby Brandon » Mon May 23, 2016 7:06 pm

Techbrau wrote:Trumer


Whew, thanks! That's the one. I've never had it in Europe, but assume it's got 'it'.
Kit_B
Apprentice Brewer
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:40 pm

Re: Warsteiner Premium German Pilsner

Postby Kit_B » Tue May 24, 2016 9:18 am

narcout wrote:Are any of you guys going to the NHC? It would be cool to sit down and taste some beer with you all.


That would be fun.
Unfortunately, it's just not in the cards, for me.
User avatar
Ancient Abbey
German Brewing
Posts: 1192
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:23 pm

Re: Warsteiner Premium German Pilsner

Postby Ancient Abbey » Tue May 24, 2016 11:30 am

Had a few mas of the Warsteiner dunkel last night. Quite tasty.
- The best do the basics better -
arnew
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:35 pm

Re: Warsteiner Premium German Pilsner

Postby arnew » Tue May 24, 2016 12:27 pm

Last fall I visited Warsteiner, very nice place and the tour of the brewery was very interesting.

"In the visitor center Warsteiner World, guests of The Brewery Learn about the entire product portfolio of the company"
Attachments
warstein (3).JPG
warstein (3).JPG (1.29 MiB) Viewed 1289 times
User avatar
ajk
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:40 pm

Re: Warsteiner Premium German Pilsner

Postby ajk » Thu May 26, 2016 2:50 pm

narcout wrote:Are any of you guys going to the NHC? It would be cool to sit down and taste some beer with you all.

I won't be going to NHC this year or next, but I'm keenly interested in getting together and tasting beer. Most of us here generally agree on what flavors we're looking for, but I suspect there are subtleties that can only be discovered and shared through an in-person tasting.
User avatar
Brandon
German Brewing
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Contact:

Re: Warsteiner Premium German Pilsner

Postby Brandon » Thu May 26, 2016 2:55 pm

ajk wrote:
narcout wrote:Are any of you guys going to the NHC? It would be cool to sit down and taste some beer with you all.

I won't be going to NHC this year or next, but I'm keenly interested in getting together and tasting beer. Most of us here generally agree on what flavors we're looking for, but I suspect there are subtleties that can only be discovered and shared through an in-person tasting.


I propose we meet here on Sunday, June 4th 2017 at noon. http://www.augustinerkeller.de/home/?L=1
lhommedieu
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:18 am
Contact:

Re: Warsteiner Premium German Pilsner

Postby lhommedieu » Thu May 26, 2016 11:29 pm

Warsteiner is available on tap at a local beer garden, and in the bottle at a couple distributors within 5 miles of me. Looking forward to trying it.
caedus
Apprentice Brewer
Posts: 167
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:27 pm

Re: Warsteiner Premium German Pilsner

Postby caedus » Fri May 27, 2016 1:37 am

Brandon wrote:
ajk wrote:
narcout wrote:Are any of you guys going to the NHC? It would be cool to sit down and taste some beer with you all.

I won't be going to NHC this year or next, but I'm keenly interested in getting together and tasting beer. Most of us here generally agree on what flavors we're looking for, but I suspect there are subtleties that can only be discovered and shared through an in-person tasting.


I propose we meet here on Sunday, June 4th 2017 at noon. http://www.augustinerkeller.de/home/?L=1



Can we reschedule to 2018? The wife promised me a Berlin>Munich>Plzen trip.
User avatar
Brandon
German Brewing
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:38 pm
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Contact:

Re: Warsteiner Premium German Pilsner

Postby Brandon » Fri May 27, 2016 2:19 am

caedus wrote:Can we reschedule to 2018? The wife promised me a Berlin>Munich>Plzen trip.


That works, I'll do both. I'll definitely be there next June with family, but want to get there as often as possible.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests